Join Our Department
The LeClaire Fire Department is currently accepting applications for firefighters. Applications can be hand delivered, mailed with attention to Chief Bleeker, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The LeClaire Fire Department also hires new members and volunteers who have special talents and job skills to help support the firefighting and emergency response aspect of the organization.
If you have any questions feel free to email or contact Chief Shane Bleeker at: (563) 289-4242.
LCFD holds training each Tuesday night at 6:00 pm and welcomes anyone to stop up and ask questions as well!
Must have the ability to:
- Communicate well with others.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Work as a strong team player with a commitment to group success.
- Multi-task, think, and act quickly in emergency situations.
- Listen to others and ask questions.
- Be dependable, reliable, responsible, and possess integrity.
Applicants must successfully complete and pass the following:
- Reference Check
- Background Check
- Physical Evaluation
All new hires are subject to completion of a twelve month probationary period. Additionally applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be over the age of 18 at the time of appointment.
- Applicants must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Applicants must have no felony convictions or disqualifying criminal history.
- Applicants must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Applicants must be able to perform firefighting tasks, rescue operations, and other emergency response actions under stressful conditions while wearing personal protective ensemble and self-contained breathing apparatus. This includes climbing ladders working at considerable heights and working in extremely hot or cold environments for prolonged time periods.
- Applicants must reside or work within the LCFD 1st fire district boundaries OR Sign up and fulfill, at minimum, 6 scheduled shifts a month by either being at the fire station or being within the city limits during each shift.
To fill out the Online application Click Here
201 N 15th Street (Station)
LeClaire, IA 52753
Phone: (563) 289-4242