We proudly offer programming for all ages at the LeClaire Community Library.
- Adult Book Discussion Group meets the 4th Wednesday of each month, with the exception of December, at 6:30pm in the Fireplace Room. Books are available at the Library's Circulation Counter free of charge.
- We try to provide at least one or two additional programs each month as well. These programs dates, times, and topics vary, so please check our monthly calendar here to see what other events we have planned.
- If you are interested in facilitating a program, please contact the Director Ellen Miller.
- Please note the topic, the anticipated audience, and any fees associated with the event. Selection of topics, courses, classes, events and their presenters will be made by Library staff on the basis on interests and needs of Library users, the community and compatibility with the Library’s mission and goals. Library programs must be non-commercial. Presenters may be professionals or business people, but the information presented must be generic in nature. No solicitation for business will be permitted.
- Children's Area- The Children's Area offers books, movies, music, magazines, puzzles, and downloadable materials for children from birth through 6th grade. A Parent/Teacher collection is also available and is located near the Children's movies.
Don't forget to stop by the play area--puzzles, cars, a play kitchen, & more!--and be sure to try the Library's two touchscreen, early literacy computers.
- Programs- The LeClaire Community Library offers a variety of programs for children from birth through sixth grade, including weekly storytimes, a monthly preschool science and 4th-6th grade book club, and alternating months of craft and LEGO-based programs. Special events for all ages take place every month. Please visit the "Teens" tab for information on services for teens in 6th-12th grade.