- Sewer Emergencies: For any sewer emergencies, the city PWD can be reached 24/7/365 by dialing the City's main phone number (563) 289-4242 and pressing 3 & 1500. This will put you directly into the Public Works Department emergency contact voice mailbox where you can leave a message which will be automatically relayed to Public Works personnel.
- Plant Staffing: The Public Works Department is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the city's wastewater plant, laboratory, 33 miles of sanitary sewer system, and 6 sanitary lift stations located throughout the city.
- Plant Information: The LeClaire Wastewater Plant was first built in the 1962 and was located on the levee, and the City's Sewer System dates back to the 1940's or 1950's. In 1984, the City completed our current Watewater Plant at 1800 Iowa Drive and a number of lift stations. From 2011-2013, the City made a large investment worth of plant and lift station upgrades due to growth and Iowa Department of Natural Resources requirements and regulations. Those consisted of 3 new pump stations with standby generators, fiber-optic networking, additional sewer force main, and manhole rehab and pipe lining. The Plant has an 800 KW backup generator used during power outages.
- Flow Capacity: The average daily dry weather flow into the Wastewater Plant is 1 million gallons per day (MGD). The average wet weather flow is 1.54 MGD and the maxium wet weather flow is 2.56 MGD. All sewage is pumped to the treatment plant from 6 sewage pump/lift stations located throughout the city.
- PDF Resources and Information
- Backup Prevention Ideas: Avoid Drain Problems